Please preview some of this technology on our
Products & Services Page
- The Future of Total Light Management (External Link)
"Total Light Management Systems are one of the most effective ways for us to lower energy demand.
As daylighting contractors evolve in the marketplace, companies who are leading, like Kay + Sons, are going to be more successful by delivering reliable systems that people don't have to spend a lot of time worrying about."
— Glenn Hughes, Project Manager/ Consultant – New York Times
What Kay + Sons has found is that in industries across the country, leading facilities managers are offering their companies a dramatic competitive advantage by focusing on “the forgotten 40%” – the 40% of total building energy which is consumed by lighting.
Kay + Sons partners with these leading facility managers and helps them rethink the way they use energy and implementing a newly perfected design for the management of their total lighting systems in their buildings. Kay + Sons plays the role of “conductor” in the following ways:
1. Smarter Utilization of Daylight - Windows as a Controllable Light Source
- Controlled automated solar shading to harvest “free” natural light
- Individualized control for increased employee comfort and productivity, while reducing HVAC costs
2. Use Artificial Light as a Supplement to Daylight
- Reduced dependency on artificial light
- Reduced life cycle costs of investment in artificial lighting system
3. Deliver Only The Light That Is Needed
- “Control strategies” create an unmatched level of efficiency of how lights are used
- Reduced energy costs from both lighting and HVAC systems
4. Orchestrate the Benefits of other systems, such as HVAC, with the Benefits from Lighting
- Flexible, scalable systems that are “future proof”, new technology can be added to them
- Interoperable with all systems and technology – protects investments in other technology and provides a greater level of information and control
5. Use Other People’s Money
- Because of the ability to control, monitor and report - our systems provide the client maximum ability to capture other financial returns in addition to the increased energy savings. We help with these items.
- The Utilities’ Money – Demand-Response Programs
- State & Federal Grants and Subsidies
- Federal Tax Credits
- Innovative Financing Strategies